MPN : 3710
Size : 10cm x 10cm
Expiration : 2021-11-23
Coloplast Biatain Alginate Dressing has superior absorption for cavity filling and sloughy wounds. It is a highly absorbent alginate dressing used for moderately to heavily exuding wounds of any size, shape and depth. Superior absorption of Biatain Alginate and the gel formation which locks exudate inside the gel, prevent leakage that can cause maceration of the surrounding skin.
Coloplast Biatain Alginate Dressing Highlights:
- Ideal for cavity filling
- Unique dressing integrity
- Minimal risk of leakage and maceration
Coloplast Biatain Alginate Dressing
- Ideal for cavity filling: The design and structural integrity of the dressing allows a user to cut the dressing to fit any size, shape or depth of a wound. The dressing will conform to the wound bed which is important for the wound healing process.
- Unique dressing integrity: The unique dressing integrity allows for one-piece removal.
- Minimal risk of leakage and maceration: The superior absorption of Biatain Alginate Ag and the gel formation which locks exudate inside the gel prevent leakage that can cause maceration of the surrounding skin.
- Mode of action: On contact with wound exudate Biatain Alginate converts to a soft, cohesive gel that provides an optimal moist wound healing environment.
- Product composition: Biatain Alginate is an alginate dressing consisting of 85% calcium alginate and 15% carboxymethylcellulose (CMC).
- Safety Data Sheet
Indications for using Coloplast Biatain Alginate Dressing
- Sloughy wounds
- Heavily exuding partial to full thickness wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Second-degree burns
- Donor sites
- Note: Biatain Alginate should not be used on dry or lightly exuding wounds or to control heavy bleeding
***Sale of this item may be subject to regulation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatory agencies. If so, do not bid on this item unless you are an authorized purchaser. If the item is subject to FDA regulation, I will verify your status as an authorized purchaser of this item before shipping of the item."DISCLAIMER: Regardless of the origin of the equipment, documentation provided or identification appearing upon the equipment, the equipment described and offered here is in no way certified for, recommended for, or offered for any specific use. In fact, the equipment is not for use in humans. The purchaser agrees that the seller shall not be held responsible or liable for any injuries or damages, whether incidental or consequential, associated in any way with the equipment. The purchaser, by bidding on this equipment, indicates their acknowledgment of, and agreement to the terms of this disclaimer.